Call for abstracts
This call for abstracts intends to select papers that will be presented during a scientific event evolving around three sessions and that is organised by Universidade Nova de Lisboa with the participation of RUAF scholars on the 26th of April 2018.
We encourage submission from all disciplines and stages of research (on-going work, concluded results, etc.) and PhDs and Professionals from all stages and fields.
Thematic focus of the call
So far urban agriculture – UA and food have been increasingly part of various research programs and activities and at the same time leading Portuguese institutions in these fields have been organising scientific events with significant production. What seems missing though, and this is normal with such a vibrant dynamics, is to better connect the different fields of knowledge and disciplines that have been involved so far. Therefore the focus of this call and its expected added value, is to offer an open platform to engage debates on how to connect the various disciplines and different sectors that have been implicated on food and UA so far and that are contributing, from their own perspective and driving logics to a better understanding of the field.
Contributions should fall under one of the following topics
- Connections and missing links between Food related fields of research
- Linking up actors and scales
- Shifting from UA and food projects to policies
- Deadline for submission of 300 to 500 words abstract: 29th January 2018.
- Notification of selected potential papers: 26th January 2018
- Deadline for submission of full contribution: 28th February 2018
- Notification of outcome: 23rd March 2018
- Deadline for final submissions (if needed): 5th April 2018
Abstracts and short papers should be sent through email to email@example.com.
Detailed information on this call can be found here.
The scientific event will take place on Thursday, April 26th (presentations and debate) and Friday morning 27th (field visit – to be confirmed), 2018 at Universidade Nova de Lisboa Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas, Av. De Berna, 26-C, Lisbon, Portugal.