The Food Geographies Working Group is sponsoring ten sessions in the upcoming RGS-IBG Annual International Conference, 28-31 August 2018, Cardiff, UK. Here is a list of the active call for papers. Queries and requests for more information should be sent to responsible session convenors.
- “The socio-technical culture of the food supply chain: trade-offs and ambiguity”
- “What might an ‘alternative’, agroecological post-Brexit foodscape look like? Exploring opportunities, challenges, evidence and ambition”
- “Sustainable Food in Public Catering”
- “Thinking through connections: telecoupled transformations of urban food and energy systems”
- “Food & drink heritage, rural tradition or novelty? Challenges for responsible development.”
- “Critical perspectives on Edible Urban Landscapes”
- “Critical reflections on the changing landscapes of food waste”
- “Entrepreneurial Urban Agriculture: Sustaining Growing Activities”
- “Community self-organisation and landscapes of food justice and sustainability”
- “UnCultivated Landscapes of Consumption”
Confirmation of acceptance of sessions for the conference programme will be available at the end of March 2018.